Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Frightful Nightmares

It was as hazy of a day as it was a dream and I was driving with my mother, sister and brother in the car to a little coffee shop before heading off to the airport. We find a parking spot and hop out of the car when I notice that my full suitcase was missing along with my most vital medication. We're thirty minutes from my house and have only two hours to drive to JFK airport in New York (which from my home is an hour away) and check in before my flight. My mother, so angry at my irresponsibility, refuses to turn back around and pick up my belongings. Consequently my life that has been packed away for Barcelona will not be coming along for the plane ride. As I sit at the coffee table while my mother stands in line, I decide to make a quick ride back to my house before she notices I'm gone. As I spark the ignition and head back to my home, my dream diminishes into something unremembered.

It goes to show that I'm still a bit more nervous than I previously thought. My excitement for this trip has skyrocketed significantly in the last two days mostly because I have become much more physically prepared for my trip so I have not paid any mind to any lingering apprehension. Having all of my stuff packed up already, the last thing I must remember is to not leave anything behind. My subconscious made that clear through my horrific dream last night. I begin to write down a check list of everything vital that I must have not only packed but also not left behind after the car is filled and ready to head southbound to New York.

"Two more days"... I have found my mind repeating the phrase over and over this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment